Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Mystery Cans Revealed

Ok, ok, ok... so you can't stand not knowing what was in the label-less cans from the $5 Banana Box procured from the Pallet Grocery Outlet last week. Me, neither.


They were:

#1: Mandarin orange segments in light juice. Very tasty if I do say so myself.

#2: Whole berry cranberry sauce. About the only kind of cranberry sauce I can stand but still way too sweet and even though the calendar says September, it was 93 degrees today and I was not in any Fall fest mood. I stirred it into a box of orange-cranberry muffin mix and baked it for about an hour and half against my better judgment in this heat and they're ok... but they're going in to the office with me tomorrow where those people will eat anything if you put it on a plate and cover it with plastic wrap...

and lastly...

#3: Some kind of chicken and dumpling soup that looked pretty good even to vegetarian me. Shadow the Wonder dog got it spooned over his dog food this weekend and he pronounced it, "Deee-lish-iss!"

So the take away here is this: Even when you have no idea what you're getting at one of these outlet grocery places, it's still more fun than shopping at The Giant... and for 11 cents a can, sometimes even the dog scores.

No comments: